久久99精品久久久久久_亚洲国产成人无码网站_把我按在在落地玻璃窗前做_一本色道久久88加勒比亚洲_人人色人人插

 當前位置:評價網 > 考研加油綻 > 教育要聞 > 正文
英語習語中包含的國家名字 意思你知道嗎?
來源:
發布時間:2014-08-21 10:05
分享到:

[摘要]英語中有不少習語含有國家的名字,卻有著意想不到的意思,如Dutch uncle(動輒訓人的人),那么希臘、中國、法國這些國家在英文習語中又是什么意思呢,一起來看看吧!

英語習語中包含的國家名字 意思你知道嗎?

英語中有不少習語含有國家的名字,卻有著意想不到的意思,如Dutch uncle(動輒訓人的人),Indian sign(咒語,不詳的人或物),那么希臘、中國、法國這些國家在英文習語中又是什么意思呢,一起來看看吧!

1. It's all Greek to me

We use this expression when we cannot understand something we read or hear.

當我們不理解看到的或聽到的某件事時,可以使用這句表達。

e.g. I recently read this book on Metaphysics. Did you understand it, because it was all Greek to me.

我最近看了這本關于玄學的書,你看懂了嗎,因為我完全看不懂。

2. Go Dutch

We go Dutch when we go to a restaurant and share the bill.

我們用這個習語表示去餐館并且各自結賬(AA)。

e.g. Rachel does not like her male companion to offer her dinner. She always prefers to go Dutch.

瑞秋不喜歡男伴請客,她喜歡各付各的。

3. Chinese Whispers (UK)

This expression is often used as a metaphor for mistakes and inaccurate information which comes from rumours of gossip.

這個習語通常比喻因為謠言而產生的錯誤或不準確的信息。

e.g. All this talk about the Prime Minister resigning is just Chinese Whispers.

關于首相辭職的謠言純屬無中生有。

4. Talk for England

When someone can talk for hours and hours.

這個習語指的是某人可以長篇大論講很久。

e.g. I'm so sorry I'm late. I couldn't get away from Linda. She can talk for England!

抱歉我遲到了。琳達太能講了,我實在脫不開身。

5. Dutch Courage

When you need a little alcohol to give you the courage or confidence to do something.

這個習語用在你需要一點酒來壯膽做某事的時候。

e.g. I think I'll have a quick drink for Dutch Courage before I ask that girl to dance with me.

我覺得邀請那個女孩和我跳舞之前我應該喝點酒壯膽。

6. Pardon My French (UK)

We use this expression before or after we have said something rude, for example, a swear word.

在我們說了粗魯的話,比如臟話之前或之后,可以用這句。

e.g. Who the fuck do you think you are...pardon my French.

你以為你是什么東西……不好意思我罵人了。

7. A Mexican Standoff

This expression is often used in a business situation when two sides cannot agree.

這句話通常用在談生意的時候雙方未能達成一致。

e.g. There appears to be a Mexican Standoff as neither party can agree on the terms of the merger.

顯然雙方未能達成一致,在合并條款上仍存在爭執。

8. Indian Summer (UK)

A period in late autumn when the weather is unusually warm.

秋天快要結束的時候,天氣比較暖和的那段時間。

e.g. Much as I love this Indian Summer, I wish we had this warm weather in the summer rather than in October.

盡管我很喜歡秋末溫暖的天氣,我更希望夏天也能有這個溫度而不是十月份。

9. Slow Boat to China

We use this expression to describe something that is very slow and takes a long time.

這句習語用來描述做某件事需要花費很長的時間。

e.g. Waiting for the architects to produce their plans was like taking the slow boat to China.

等待建筑師們的設計計劃需要花費很長時間。

10. Too Many Chiefs and Not Enough Indians

This is often used to describe a company where there are too many managers and not enough people doing the actual work.

這句話指的是公司里有太多經理而真正干活的人很少。

e.g. The trouble with that company is that there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

那家公司的問題是經理太多而真正干活的人很少。

【中國科教評價網m.ssjzs.com
[發布者:yezi]
  相關閱讀:  ·中國6省高校學費調整 寧夏部分學科漲幅超五成  ·央廣網首屆全國大學生主持人大賽復賽落下帷幕  ·夫婦花500多萬買學區房 孩子仍沒能順利入學  ·高校研究生學費漲價 讀研3年花費超8萬元  ·[人在海外]中美家長生活對比
    網友評論:(只顯示最新5條。評論內容只代表網友觀點,與本站立場無關!)
文明上網,理性評論:
表情:
用戶:密碼: 驗證碼:點擊我更換圖片
亚洲乱仑| 无码少妇人妻一区二区| 久热8| 免费看黃色2片| 蜜桃视频欧美牲生活| 中文字幕一区二区三区润滑油| 草一炮人妻av| 日韩激情视频小说| 9696106区日韩视频| 国产在线cao| XXXXX日本护士高潮大巴| 拍真实国产伦偷精品| 人妻少妇无码中文字幕| 大菠萝网站| 清纯熟女乱伦| 日本插逼视频| AV在线-区| 中文字幕第六页| 亚洲操逼高清| 日韩精品人妻在线| 日韩AV无码免费观看| 岛国xx视频网址| 5G天天爽入口| 91操13欧美| 色香欲天天影视综合网| 大香蕉伊在线75| 她想被操蜜桃网| 午夜家庭三级av| 熟女高潮| 少妇人妻无套进入69va| 国产天天视频| 人妻日常91n Porn| 五月激情婷婷综合网| 激情婷婷社区| 久热伊人| 国产三级香港三级久久久| 国产AV一二三四| 国产黄色小视频91在线观看| 8888免费视频| 亚洲一卡二卡| 小泽玛利亚一区二区在线观看|